Greetings Dear Readers,
My boyfriend Kasey does not like to follow a cook book, and, as in many areas of his life, prefers to find his own unique way of doing things even if it costs him. I’ve tasted many of his culinary inventions – including the “snow pea chip” which left a lot to be desired. However, like our dear Canadian Thomas Edison who invented the light bulb, there can be many failed attempts before the final success that changes modern living forever.
This cracker recipe is epic! It smells like pizza and tastes even better. Try it! It’s like a meal in itself.
Watch the video or read below for this amazing recipe.
Here’s the recipe:
1 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds)
juice of 3 lbs of oranges (2.5 cups)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked in 1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons basil
sea salt to taste
1. Soak flax seeds and hemp hearts in the orange juice for 1-4 hours, covered, longer time is better.
2. Soak sun-dried tomatoes in water for 1 hour.
3. Blend tomatoes plus soak water with flax-hemp-orange juice mixture in blender with onion powder and basil.
4. Pour mixture on to dehydrator sheets and sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Dehydrate at 145 F for 1-2 hours, then turn down to 115 F for 8 – 24 hours until desired
Yours in health,